Frequently Asked Questions:
Diamond Hand Profilers
1. What’s the nylon guide used for on Diamond Hand Profilers?
The nylon guide is used to keep the profiler from dipping when profiling. Press the nylon guide down on the top of the material and let it align to the surface of the stone will keep the profiler from dipping.
2. What is the life of a Diamond Hand Profiler?
The life for DAMO Diamond Hand Profiler will vary depending on the different classifications of granite hardness. It will last longer life for marble and less for granite.
DAMO Diamond Hand Profiler can achieve long life and fasters grinding action due to the “Vacuum Brazed Technology”.
3. Can I use Diamond Hand Profilers to profile Fiberglass material?
Yes you can.
4. What does the size of diamond hand profiler measure?
In the profiling industry, the size of the diamond hand profiler measures the height of the shape of the profiler. For example, 3/16” demi-bullnose diamond hand profiler (BPB316P1), 3/16” refers to the radius of a semi-circle. For 3/16” bevel diamond hand profiler (BPE316P1), 3/16” refers to the vertical height to the 45 degree bevel, not the hypotenuse.
5. Can you use routers for wood with DAMO Diamond Router Bits?
No, you can’t because of the speed. The Diamond Hand Profiler router bits are used with 5/8”-11 variable speed angle grinder or polisher at 3000-4000RPM. They can be used dry or wet.
The multilayer and monolayer router bits are used with portable stone routers with M8 or M10 bolts. The multilayer and monolayer router bits take 10 business days to ship.
Diamond Flexible Polishing Pads
1. What tips can you give for 1st time DIYs for polishing?
a. We recommend you to practice on a scrap piece of material you will be perform your polishing skills.
b. Always remove the excess slurry on the surface before go on to the next grit polishing pad.
c. Use some pressure at an angle when polishing.
2. Why use the 3-step polishing pads?
This dramatically reduced the steps of polishing job to produce a high quality shine compared to the regular polishing system. Great for DIY customers.
3. If I want to repair dull area on granite countertops, what Grit Polishing pads should I start using?
We recommend you to start with Grit 400 pads.
4. When Buff Pads are needed and which color to choose?
DAMO Buff pads are used as the last step if you want to achieve the mirror effect polishing result on granite or other natural stones. Black Buff is for dark stones but is generally okay for light color stones in most cases if you want to give the stones a slightly darker look. This will enhance the depth of color and increase the gloss. White Buff is for light color stones.
5.How to repair a small dull area on countertop?
To repair a small area of dull area on counter-top you need to use semi-rigid back holder, not rigid back holder and you have to attach the polishing pads to fit to the same size or smaller size back holder. For instance, 5” polishing pads attach to 5” back holder or 4” back holder.
When polishing the counter-top, there has to be a certain inclination angle between polishing pad and counter-top, about a 30 degrees angle, don’t polish on a plane.
It’s best to start at grit# 400 polishing pad, use an angled polishing technique with pressure and polish till all the white powder disappeared.
From grit# 400 polishing pad to Buff pad, your polishing surface area should gradually increase as you go to the next grit number polishing pad. To expand the area of polishing slightly as you go to the next grit number pad will prevent un-evenness from the original surface and therefore insure a smooth polishing result.
6.What power tool to use for DAMO dry polishing pads?
We would suggest you to use bosch variable speed angle grinder. Optimal speed 3,500- 4,000 RPM.
7. We have started recently to do the sanding while it is wet, but the issue we are facing is the pads are becoming gummed up with wet stone dust. This is making the process slow and inefficient. So, would you have something that would help?
We would suggest you use a squeegee to clean the surface of the stone before you start polishing. This should prevent gummed polishing pads. Please give a try and let us know if this helps.
8. How do you polish corner of a sink?
We would suggest you use a 3” Super-Flexible Back Holder with 4” Diamond Polishing Pads or 4” Super-Flexible Back Holder with 5” Diamond Polishing Pads. The super flexible back holder allows you to have more flexibility and the bigger size diamond polishing pads allow you to push the extra area into the corner.
1. What’s the warranty on Power Tools?
All Power Tools have 6 months Warranty.
2. Could wet polisher kit polish curved concrete?
It will depend on the types of back holder. The 4” Semi-Rigid Back Holder is made of hard rubber, gives some flexibility which can be used to polish curved concrete. But if you need to polish corners we would suggest you to use the 4” Super Flexible Back Holder or to go down a size to a 3”Super Flexible Back Holder.
Diamond Core Drill Bits
1.Why use dry core drill bits over wet core drill bits?
It’s more convenient to use in residential area which saves time and money for clean-ups. You can also use the dry core drill bits wet as well.
Diamond Grinding Wheels
1. What is the difference between coarse and medium diamond grinding wheels?
DAMO coarse grinding wheels are for faster and more aggressive grinding and medium grinding wheels are for slower and less aggressive grinding.
2. Can the 4” diamond grinding wheel work on wood?
No, all diamond grinding wheels are designed to be used on stones, concrete, marble and glass surfaces.
3. Can the 4” diamond grinding wheel remove thinset from plywood?
Yes, you can also use diamond grinding disc as well. You can also use the side for cutting if needed.
4. Hi, I need to sand off excess mortar on some concrete tables. What machine and accessories do you recommend?
If you want to get rid of mortar, you need to use grinding wheel instead of polishing pads. Polishing pads are used for polishing only, they will not remove any material. If you use an angle grinder (11000rpm speed), you can use CWT04C.
If you are use a wet polisher (4000RPM speed), you can use BGD412P1.
1. Will the 5” dust shroud work on a dewalt 4 1/2" 18 volt grinder?
Please measure the collar size for your grinder. The collar size for Metal 5" Dust Shroud is 1-1/2" - 1-13/16" which is referred to the diameter of the hole on top where it would attach to your angle grinder. In most cases, the screw on dust shroud needs to be adjusted to tighten or loosen the collar before it can be used. Just loosen the lever and then adjust the screw and work it back into place. Once you get it in place, it will stay in place nor require re-tightening during your entire project.
Diamond Profile Wheel
1.Will the 6” diamond profile wheel fits 10” wet saw?
It fits on most 10” wet saws, but will also depend on the wet saw you have. For the 3/8” PW06B038M, the middle arbor diameter is 8mm and the thickness of the profile wheel is 12.25mm. For the 1/2” PW06B012M, the middle arbor diameter is 8mm and the thickness of the profile wheel is 19mm.
Vacuum Suction Cup
1. Can the 10” Concave Suction Cup work on flat automotive glass, if not, do you have one product for both curved and flat automotive glass?
Yes, since the area is larger on flat glass, you need to pump more times to get the suction.
2. I purchased the suction cup a year ago and it’s leaking air, what should I do?
Since aging and wear reduce the capacity of the rubber pad, it should be replaced at least once every 2 years or whenever cuts, slits or other surface damage is discovered. Always inspect vacuum pads before use. Clean vacuum pads and the load surface between each lift. Make sure both surfaces are dry and free of any dirt or obstruction. Make sure plunger has enough lubrication for the pump, if not, you can grease it with any solid grease.
3. We purchased 2 of the 8" suction cups with ABS handles a couple years ago. Recently the button has been starting to release on its own. The cups still seem to have a firm grip, but that means they are losing their suction correct? If they are losing suction, are they able to be repaired or some maintenance that can be done to restore the seal, or do you recommend they are thrown away when that starts happening?
Yes, you need to pay attention whenever you see the redline. You need to keep the tip of the plunger in the hand pump compartment greased. You can pull the plunger out of the hand pump compartment by pull it just a little hard, any solid grease would work. This will help with friction and as a part of the maintenance for the vacuum suction cup. Aging and wear can reduce the capacity of the rubber pad, it should be replaced at least once every two years or whenever cuts, slits or other surface damage is discovered.
1. How many linear ft/inches will one 4.5 inch set seal, ie how far left or right down the seam would another seam setter be needed?
Usually if the slab is more than 30 inches long, you will need to have to use 2 seam setters. Two is always better than one, you can place them at 1/3 and 2/3 of the two slabs to be seamed for best balance.